Starting a Sunglasses Business in 30 Days: Your 8-Step Guide
Starting a sunglasses business is a lot simpler than most people think.
And there is no better time than the present to launch a sunglass business.
Sunglass sales account for 40% of purchases within the eyewear industry, which is projected to hit $140 billion by 2020.
And with 85% of the American population using sunglasses on a daily basis, the potential for success is excellent.
With just a little bit of planning, you can launch a sunglasses business within 30 days.
Below is your eight-step guide to starting a sunglasses business.
Further information: How to Recognize the Risks of Sunglass Business？
|Risks of Sunglass Business？
|Finding a Wholesaler
|Storage of Merchandise
|Finding the Right Marketplace
Step One: Familiarize yourself with the many benefits of sunglasses.
Generating excitement about sunglasses is a breeze because they are well-known for many health-related benefits as well as their stylistic features.
Here are just a few of the many reasons why sunglasses are such a great product to sell and you can use these points to help market your products:
- Health Benefits: Sunglasses help protect your eyes from ophthalmic disorders such as cataracts and Macular degeneration.
- Skin Protection: They help prevent squinting and prevent the development of wrinkles
- Visual Acuity: Prescription sunglasses can help enhance your visual acuity
- Style: Sunglasses are a fashionable accessory worn by men and women alike
Step Two: Determine what type of sunglasses you wish to sell.
It seems that there are new types of sunglasses being introduced every day.
Before you officially launch your business, it is a good idea to decide whether you are going to specialize in a particular type of sunglasses or whether you would like to offer multiple types.
For example, if you are a sports enthusiast, you may wish to specialize in sports sunglasses and goggles. Or, you may prefer to cater to businesses and specialize in the sale of functional sunglasses, such as those with safety lenses or polarized lenses.
Step Three: Decide where you would like to sell your sunglasses
The sky is the limit when it comes to choosing a venue to sell your sunglasses.
In fact, with the growth of the e-commerce industry, you can even complete all of your sunglasses sales online with the help of your trusted sunglasses vendor.
As you consider places and channels through which to sell your sunglasses, you will want to consider factors such as location, hours of operation, and your personal schedule. Here are some of the most popular places to sell sunglasses:
- Mall kiosks: Mall kiosks are a great option for people seeking a high-traffic location but who do not want to invest in a free-standing store
- Flea markets: Indoor and outdoor flea markets are excellent choices, though remember shoppers often expect to pay discounted rates
- Online: Selling through your own e-commerce company is a growing trend among people who do not want to maintain a physical store
- Campus mall settings: College students spend nearly $1,000 per year on apparel and accessories such as sunglasses
- Fairs and other special events: County fairs, trade shows, and annual business meetings are ideal spots to sell sunglasses - especially in sunny regions
Step Four: Develop a business plan.
A well-organized business plan is the cornerstone of success for many successful entrepreneurs.
In addition to helping you secure a loan, a well-written business plan will provide an operational framework for your sunglasses business.
Your business plan does not need to be lengthy, but should cover the following key elements:
- An Executive Summary
- A Description of Your New Business
- An Analysis of the Sunglasses Market
- An Outline of Your Company's Organization
- Your Proposed Sales Strategies
- Your Financial Goals and Projections
Step Five: Build a stellar website.
When starting a sunglass business, a stellar website is essential for attracting new customers.
With 87 percent of consumers beginning their shopping searches online, you can hardly afford not to invest in a good website when starting a sunglasses business.
If you lack the marketing expertise to build your own website, do not despair. You can outsource this task to a website development specialist who will work with you to design a killer website that ranks well with search engines.
Step Six: Select a trusted sunglasses vendor.
The prosperity of your business is directly related to your vendors' responsiveness and product quality.
Because not all sunglasses vendors are created equal, it is important to carefully evaluate potential wholesalers according to the following variables:
- Industry Experience: Choosing a wholesale vendor with at least two decades of experience will help guarantee sound craftsmanship
- Attractive Wholesale Pricing: The vendor(s) you select should offer competitive pricing and incentives for purchasing in bulk
- Superb Responsiveness: Working with vendors who respond swiftly to your calls, emails, and requests for rush orders is important
- Outstanding Product Quality: Look for vendors that provide sunglasses that are CE-certified and UV 400 lenses
- Scalability: Your vendor(s) should have the resources to grow alongside your business and continue to meet your demands.
Finding a vendor that offers all of these qualities may seem like a tall order. T H Sunglass offers all of these qualities and more. For nearly 30 years, T H Sunglass has been the nation's most trusted wholesale sunglasses distributor. With an extensive selection of ISO and CE-certified sunglasses, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with partnering with a quality-minded vendor.
Step Seven: Create a marketing plan.
Deciding how to promote your business is vital to your success.
There are many ways to promote a new business, including some strategies that are simple and cost-effective.
Do not forget to consider your budget when developing your marketing strategy, as you may not be able to implement some of the more costly paid advertising strategies.
Here are a few cost-effective marketing techniques that will help your new business thrive:
- Start a blog that features useful information that relates to the sunglasses you offer
- Establish social media sites and use them to launch promotions and updates
- Create a newsletter and invite people to subscribe to online
- Feature promotions and flash sales on your website
- Offer to speak about the health benefits of your sunglasses at local health fairs
Step Eight: Review your business plan at least once annually.
Once starting a sunglass business, and has officially taken off, it is important not to forget to review your business plan and track your progress toward reaching your sales goals.
This is especially important during the first year or two of your business. Be sure to pay special attention to your customers' buying trends, your top-selling products, and the marketing strategies that are producing the highest ROI.
In particular, zero in on the models that have produced the highest profit margin moving forward.
If necessary, update your business plan to reflect major changes to your sales projections and product mix.
The Bottom Line
Starting a sunglass business is a great way to satisfy your entrepreneurial desires.
Some businesses require hundreds of thousands of dollars just to get started but you can get started today and in 30 days have your own profitable business.
By following the eight steps above, you can have your sunglass business up and running within 30 days.
We invite you to contact us at T H Sunglass to learn why we are the nation's most trusted sunglass wholesaler.
We look forward to serving you as your trusted sunglasses vendor!
To get pricing information please visit our website www.thsunglass.com
Because we know You might have questions, you can contact our account specialists at 877-578-8668 and receive more information.
We will be happy to assist you with M.S.R.P.'s, Tips, or any other inquiry you might have.